TABE® is the most comprehensive and reliable academic assessment product in adult basic education. Educators use TABE testing to provide a solid foundation for effectively assessing the skills and knowledge of adult learners. TABE and TABE CLAS–E™ tests combine to provide a flexible system of diagnostic assessments and instructional materials to meet the diverse needs of today’s growing adult education market.
TABE Product Family
Choose any or all of these products, depending on your assessment needs.
Measures the skills adults need to succeed on the job and in life.
- Basic skills – Reading, Math, Language, Language Mechanics, Vocabulary, Spelling/Advanced Level tests – Science, Social Studies, Algebra/Geometry, Writing
Assessment Types: Diagnostic, Summative, Formative
Delivery Format: Paper and Pencil, Online (OAS and Insight)
Scoring: Hand, Local and Online Scoring
TABE Online is an easy-to-use, web-based assessment of adult basic and secondary education knowledge. Soon to be powered by DRC INSIGHT, TABE Online is quicker, easier, and more convenient to administer and score, minimizing the paperwork and security risks associated with paper-based testing.
- Basic Skills: Basic Skills: Reading, Math, Language, Language Mechanics, Vocabulary, Spelling
TABE-PC® is a convenient software version of TABE that handles the automated administration, scoring, and reporting of TABE. TABE-PC lets you immediately report results using your own Windows®-based computer.
- Basic Skills: Reading, Math, Language, Language Mechanics, Vocabulary, Spelling
- Advanced-Level Tests: Science, Social Studies, Algebra/Geometry, Writing
TABE CLAS–E provides reliable evaluations of examinees’ English language proficiency, including reading, listening, writing, and speaking skills.
- English Language Proficiency
Building Solutions to Improve Instructor Effectiveness and Adult Student Achievement.
Professional Development for TABE includes introductory-level workshops offered on site and online.
Learn More ››