The most versatile system of diagnostic tests and instructional support materials in the adult basic education environment. TABE® accurately measures the skills adults need to succeed on the job and in life.
What can TABE do for you?
For 50 years, the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) have been well respected assessment tools for use in adult education. Today, more adult education teachers and program administrators choose TABE than any other assessment in the country. With TABE, you can select the components to match the needs of your students as well as your schedule and specific assessment goals.
Use TABE to:
- Place a student at the proper level in an adult basic education program
- Help educators track student progress by diagnosing student’s specific strengths and needs
- Track the progress of individual students both pre and post test
- Assess a student’s mastery of basic academic skills needed for a particular career path
- Assist in making decisions about training and assignments in employment
TABE meets the need for accurate measurement
TABE is used to measure basic academic skills commonly found in adult education curricula taught in
high school and adult instructional programs. TABE also is used to give insight on performance for high school equivalency (HSE) tests.
TABE reflects a changing job market.
Adult education programs are changing to reflect current job market demands and the new skills that today’s
TABE fits today’s needs
Data Recognition Corporation carefully analyzed adult education needs as well as requirements in high school equivalency tests and federal legislation. We also considered requests from TABE users and other adult educators
for specific enhancements and features. TABE reflects all of these changes. The various test components provide a highly reliable and flexible system of testing and training which meet the diverse assessment needs of adult education nationwide.