TABE 11 & 12
TABE® is powered by DRC INSIGHT™, the industry-leading online assessment system already delivering reliable assessments to over half of the U.S. With DRC INSIGHT you can add more flexibility and reliability to your testing program, with the same measure of student achievement you have come to know and trust with TABE.
- Reduced testing times for TABE 11&12.
- Alignment to the new College and Career Readiness Standards and NRS Descriptors.
- Complies with today’s rigorous Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) regulations.
- Web-based scanning tool supports reports and data transfers, eliminating the need to hand-enter scored data.
- Improved Locator prepares students for testing.
- Linking TABE 11&12 with High School Equivalency and postsecondary placement.
TABE 11&12 Literacy
Content stresses the integration and application of instructional skills in contexts meaningful to adult examinees. Literacy is key for adult learners, and TABE 11&12 measures it in these three key types.
- Foundational Skills
- Literary Texts
- Informational Texts
TABE 11&12 Reading
Content reflects mature, life- and work-related situations and highlights overlapping objectives, from word-meaning skills to critical-thinking skills.
TABE 11&12 Language
The goal of adult language instruction is to build communication skills necessary for functioning effectively on the job and in daily life.
TABE 11&12 Mathematics
Content reflects math application, particularly routine tasks such as estimating quantities and making computations involving time, distance, weight, etc.
TABE 11&12 Sample Practice Items
TABE 11&12 Reading Sample Items
TABE 11&12 Reading Sample Items E
TABE 11&12 Reading Sample Items M
TABE 11&12 Reading Sample Items D
TABE 11&12 Reading Sample Items A
TABE 11&12 Language Sample Items
TABE 11&12 Language Sample Items E
TABE 11&12 Language Sample Items M
TABE 11&12 Language Sample Items D
TABE 11&12 Language Sample Items A
TABE 11&12 Math Sample Items
TABE 11&12 Math Sample Items E
TABE 11&12 Math Sample Items M
TABE 11&12 Math Sample Items D
TABE 11&12 Math Sample Items A
TABE 11&12 Blueprints
TABE 11&12 Language Blueprints
TABE 11&12 Mathematics Blueprints
TABE 11&12 Reading Blueprints
TABE 11&12 Writing Blueprint
TABE 11&12 Writing Blueprint
Online Tools Training
Familiarize staff and examinees with DRC INSIGHT with Online Training Tools (OTT)
- If DRC INSIGHT is installed, open the “DRC INSIGHT Online Assessments” software from your Desktop (or other location, if another location was specified during installation).
- If DRC INSIGHT is not installed, OTTs can be accessed using Google Chrome here. Google Chrome is required to best emulate the functionality of the DRC INSIGHT secure browser.
- Select “Online Tools Training” on the Main Page.
- Select “OTTs in English” on the Online Tools Training page.
- Select the subject of an OTT from those presented.
- Enter the Username and Password displayed on screen.
- Follow the directions on screen to take the OTT and experience TABE in DRC INSIGHT.
Click here for Online Tools.
Click here to find out why adult education professionals rely on TABE more than any other adult assessment in the country.