TABE 11 & 12
TABE® Online is powered by DRC INSIGHT™, the industry-leading online assessment system already delivering reliable assessments to over half of the U.S. With DRC INSIGHT you can add more flexibility and reliability to your testing program, with the same measure of student achievement you have come to know and trust with TABE Online.
- TABE 11&12 is 100% aligned to the new College- and Career-Readiness Standards.
- TABE 11&12 will be only one length; no longer will there be a long and short form.
- The new tests will be approximately 40 questions per section.
- Math will also only be one test, not a separated Math Comp and Applied Math as TABE 9&10 has.
- The Locator test will be lengthened slightly to make it more predictive in placing students into the new TABE 11&12.
- TABE 11&12 will only have three sections, Reading, Math, and Language. There will not be Spelling, Vocabulary and Language Mechanics like TABE 9&10 has.
- Options are being reviewed on how TABE 11&12 will align/predict to other high school equivalency tests besides the TASC Test Assessing Secondary Completion™
TABE 11&12 Literacy
Content stresses the integration and application of instructional skills in contexts meaningful to adult examinees. Literacy is key for adult learners, and TABE 11&12 measures it in these three key types.
- Foundational Skills
- Literary Texts
- Informational Texts
TABE 11&12 Reading
Content reflects mature, life- and work-related situations and highlights overlapping objectives, from word-meaning skills to critical-thinking skills.
TABE 11&12 Language
The goal of adult language instruction is to build communication skills necessary for functioning effectively on the job and in daily life.
TABE 11&12 Mathematics
Content reflects math application, particularly routine tasks such as estimating quantities and making computations involving time, distance, weight, etc.
Click here to find out why adult education professionals rely on TABE more than any other adult assessment in the country.